Career Exploration Package
Want to make a career change, but not sure of your options?
Get support, assistance uncovering career possibilities, and an unbiased perspective.
You Need Good Options before You Quit
You feel burned out at work and you know you need a change. Your work is taking a toll on your health — mental and physical — and your relationships. You’ve tried to research your options. The Internet is full of suggestions, your friends and family have advice, and you’ve tried to work it all out for yourself, but you’re stuck.
Maybe you have great benefits at your job, or a pension to consider, or a lot invested in your education. You don’t want to risk losing the security you’ve achieved. How can you make a career change responsibly?
It’s like you’re starving, waiting at a restaurant for the waiter to come, but no one will give you a menu.
This package can help. Together, we will use time-tested assessments, exercises, targeted career research and focused discussions to help you discover and evaluate your career options. We’ll create a tailored menu for you.
This program is for you if:
- You find yourself daydreaming at work about other careers, and your work performance is starting to slide. You find yourself ruminating but not making a lot of progress.
- You have a hunch that you would like to try X (beekeeping, park ranger work, back-end coding for a communications firms. You’re afraid to make the leap because you’re afraid of wasting all the time and effort you put into your current career.
- You dread going back to work on Mondays, but you don’t know exactly why. You’d like to figure that out before you make a change, so you can find a career that energizes you.
- You’ve been researching your options, but there’s so much information out there! Some of it conflicts. You need a guide.
- You’re caught between your heart and your head: You have a dream career in mind, but you also know you have to be responsible and earn a living. You could use some help sorting out your priorities.
- You’re so burned out that you can’t find the energy to work on this problem alone. You need some inspiration, and some help plugging the energy drains in your life before moving forward.
Making a career change can have significant repercussions, including financial, so it’s important to give it the time and space it deserves. This package is designed to give you clarity and insight so you can make an informed decision about your next career move.
We will work together to organize what you know about yourself, and then help you learn more about the options that are tailored to you. You’ll get unstuck, and learn practical strategies for testing a career before investing in more education, certifications, or workshops. We can explore ways to make a change. For instance, not all career changes mean leaving your employer. Lateral moves with your current employer can be low risk and high reward.
What you’ll get:
- Pre-coaching discovery questionnaire to help you outline your biggest career concerns and career ideas.
- 6 private coaching sessions, each an hour long, in which we pinpoint reasons for burnout, how to prevent it in the future, and how to explore careers that may fit better with your lifestyle goals and career dreams.
- Computer-based Myers-Briggs and Strong Interest Inventory assessments, which you can take in your own home on your own time, an interpretation of your results in session and personalized assessment reports to take home, so that you can focus on options that match your interests, strengths, and personality.
- Priority scheduling times. You can lock in a weekly or biweekly time to meet so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of scheduling session-by-session.
- Weekly exercises and worksheets to help you organize your thoughts and prioritize your needs in your next career.
- Unlimited email support between sessions, for those times when you’re stumped or need to run an idea by someone.
- Tailored resources for researching career and job possibilities, to save you time and energy and spare you the information overload.
‘She showed me that it really is a journey to find a career.’I really liked her patience and insight into careers. Meredith showed me
that it really is a journey to find a career and involves evaluating
skills, happiness, morals, values, and interests. I feel like she
taught me that a career is an extension of yourself to a degree and
you are happiest in an environment that reflects you, which helped me
be more open minded about possibilities and the potential they could
provide. I also really liked that she providing me with knowledge about
networking and most recently resume formatting and what employers are
looking for when they scan your resume, because that is going to help
me when applying to jobs.–Betsy Wagner, former client
‘She helped me immediately make my work life better in my current job.’
“After having talked to family, friends, and co-workers already, I still needed some help clarifying my goals, values, ambitions and needs. She helped me immediately make my work life better (in my current job) through understanding how to increase my energy and sense of fulfillment, while also helping me clarify what I wanted my next challenge to look like. Meredith was easy to talk to, even over the phone from across the country, and provided interesting articles, resources, and exercises between appointments. I looked forward to my time talking with her and will definitely lean on her again as I progress in my career.”
—Cal Bouchard, former VP, Digital Commerce
I’m a Global Career Development Facilitator, and I just updated my training this past year. I have fresh info and ideas to share. I have 10 years of career coaching experience, including work experience at Georgetown University and Johns Hopkins Carey School of Business. Please see my “about” page for more information on my qualifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you prefer to work in person or by phone/online?
I recommend we meet in person, at least for our initial session, if possible. I do understand if you’re not located in my geographic area. Then we meet online or by phone.
What if I need more sessions after I finish the package?
Additional sessions are available at my discounted package rate of $120/hour. My normal hourly rate is $150.
What if I need to cancel?
I understand that life happens. I ask that clients give me 24 hours notice if they need to reschedule.
What if I’ve already taken an assessment in the package? Can we use the results I have and replace it with something else I haven’t done?
Yes. Many people have taken the Myers-Briggs, and those results tend to stay the same over time. We can apply those results to your present situation and replace it with another assessment or exercise that may fit your situation better.
I’m not sure I’m ready to invest in a package. Can I try one session first?
Sure! I’m the kind of shopper who takes 2 months to really commit to a pair of shoes. I understand that you might need some time and space to see if we’re a good fit. Please consider a single session. The rate is $150/hour. I also offer 30 minutes/$75. Contact me and we’ll work something out!